Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 1294 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally acquired my 'first' First Gen Camaro last week (see explanation here: http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=277969) so I figured that I may as well start a thread. It's a decent driver now, but there is so much I would like to do. However, I have promised my wife and friends (and myself!) that I won't get into any major projects on the car until after driving season. :yes:

I have a Quick Fuel carb on the way and my wheels/tires are for sale as the wheels are pushed out too far (3.5" back space) and the tires are too tall (70s). I will be "cleaning up" the engine bay over the next several weeks (it's a mess as you can see below) as well as fixing a few oil leaks. The interior will need to wait until winter, but it isn't too bad now (needs a new headliner and sail panels).

Phil

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Very cool Phil. If I start any projects during the car season, I always try to keep my Camaro one weekend away from being back on the road. Save the big stuff for the off season.

I have done a ton of upgrades on my '67 while still keeping it on the road. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck and have fun with it. My drive as i restore project has been going on for 13 years now.....
:thumbsup:

Well, I got to drive it for about a week before it was put on jack stands. :clonk:

Sold the wheels and tires on Monday and the carb this past Saturday. New wheels and tires will be here by Friday and this showed up today...

I have been selling off a bunch of old stuff to help fund my "upgrades." I am down to 2 dogs and 2 kids. Anyone need an over-privileged teenager or two?

This is a sickness and there is no cure. :wacko:

Phil

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice wheel choice. What width/back spacing are they?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The new wheels and tires look great Phil, does it look like the tire rub issue has been taken care of with this change?

I agree she does look like she's riding a bit high.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice wheel choice. What width/back spacing are they?
NH69Z28RS said:
The new wheels and tires look great Phil, does it look like the tire rub issue has been taken care of with this change?
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Fronts: 15x6 with 3.625 backspacing - 225/60/15 tire
Rear: 15x7 with 3.75 backspacing - 255/60/15 tire

They are definitely not going to rub and I think I could lower both the front and the rear by 2". As we all know, one project leads to another.... :secret:

Phil

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Nice job Phil. Like the shoes.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice job Phil. Like the shoes.
thx!

Today with the help of NH69Z28RS we got the Quick Fuel "Slayer" 600 cfm carb installed (electric choke and vacuum secondaries). So far, we are pretty impressed with it. It was "pretty close" right out of the box and I am definitely burning less fuel than with the Holley 650 cm double pumper.

Still lots of stuff that I would like to do, but today was a good day in the shop. Thanks again Scott! :thumbsup:

Phil

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
thx!

Today with the help of NH69Z28RS we got the Quick Fuel "Slayer" 600 cfm carb installed (electric choke and vacuum secondaries). So far, we are pretty impressed with it. It was "pretty close" right out of the box and I am definitely burning less fuel than with the Holley 650 cm double pumper.

Still lots of stuff that I would like to do, but today was a good day in the shop. Thanks again Scott! :thumbsup:

Phil
You're welcome Phil, I enjoyed my time working on your sweet 68 classic and your next door tenant John is a pleasure to work with as well. Too bad no test drive due to the rain but I'll be waiting for the full report once you get the chance. I've got about two hours left today that I can get some work done on mine and then perhaps, just maybe I'll get to fire her up for the first time tomorrow if all goes well :hurray:

·
Registered
247 Posts
with those wheels its starting to look like a 68 TA Sunoco Camaro throwback. My 68 was like yours when I got it 11 years ago all white now its sunoco blue with yellow stripes. I am still running ralley wheels your wheels look great, keep up the good work!

1 - 20 of 1294 Posts