Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am three weeks away from completing a three year project, installed aftermarket headlight actuators and they will not work. They bind and you can hear air leak past. I'm sure others have run across this. What are my options. If I could find newe GM for less than national debt, I would buy them. Does anyone know of a reliable aftermarket 68 RS Actuator?

Thanks

Dan chilla
68RS 327
68Coupe 327

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
You may want to perform a site search on this subject. It has been discussed before.

There were several sets recently on ebay for $300+.

The aftermarket ones are spotty. You need to bench test before installation and return/exchange the bad ones. There is only one manufacturer for the repro part. They seem to work OK once some functional ones are found.

Good luck.

------------------
The Red Beast http://www.geocities.com/casanoc

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
For NOS pair try $500 +.

If you can get em cheaper buy them!
There is a pair for sale for a little over
$400 but they have not met reserve.
There was a post about the repos being junk
and that there was a new corrected repo
that worked better. Try doing a search on
this subject here and you may find the post.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Plug off on side pull a vacum and see if you lose any of the vacum. You can get a hand pump from Eastwood and I do beleve from Sears.

TIM

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
I just went through this with my 68. I got new ones from D&R and they work fine as does the new relay valve I got. I think the repro manufacturer is making much better ones recently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got mind at B and S Camaro parts in Ma. So far no problem. I've had them for 2 years. The # there is 508-673-9402. His name is Bob. Good luck. Andy

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts