Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one really was found in a barn.

Supposedly, the original owner parked it in his barn, (New Mexico) covered it with hay, and there it sat for many years.

After he passed, his son and daughter were getting his estate together and found it....under a large pile of hay!

They both thought he had sold it because they hadn't seen it for years! I guess he was quite secretive LOL.

It is a pretty solid car.

I have more pics that I will post later.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had the sub frame powder coated a metallic grey. Went with Energy Suspension poly bushings, all new ball joints, center link, tie rods, idler and pitman arms, end links of course. Hotchkis 2" drop springs, SSBC brakes. Quick ratio box. Nothing real special.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keeping the 327, it's now .030 over, hyper flat tops, Schneider (he does all our cams) hyd flat tappet, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, Air-Gap, a little 650 VS Holley carb. MSD HEI.

Trans is a moderate 2004R which I've had good luck with in the past.

Nothing real radical on the tires/wheels. Going with the usual TT 2's, 16x7 on the front, 17x8 on the back. Front tires are 225/60, rears 255/60.

Got the block back from the machine shop.

Dropped the crank in, just needed polishing.

Decks were ok.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I just hope the paint and body come out as good as yours!

It's getting the firewall smoothed etc. Going with the Cortez silver and maybe black stripes.
That's going to be a really nice car no doubt. Thanks for the compliment! Awesome color choice! By the way your going now it's on the road to be nicer than mine. Great progress so far Don, I'm subscribed!:beers:

·
Super Moderator
32,347 Posts
Tip: replace the OE water jacket drain plugs with petcocks while they are easy to access.
Looks nice so far as I'm sure the rest of its journey will be.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,485 Posts
Nice find, reminds me a lot of my parents old car. Same color, 68RS. Looks VERY solid...possibly no panel replacement needed !?? :thumbsup:

What do you think happened to the paint on the top side ? Baked off from setting in the desert sun or...? Interior sure got fried. Small price to pay though, if the sheetmetal is as good as it appears. ;)

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice find, reminds me a lot of my parents old car. Same color, 68RS. Looks VERY solid...possibly no panel replacement needed !?? :thumbsup:

What do you think happened to the paint on the top side ? Baked off from setting in the desert sun or...? Interior sure got fried. Small price to pay though, if the sheetmetal is as good as it appears. ;)
Other than the trunk floor it was good to go. The normal areas around the front and rear glass, quarters, fenders, etc were in unbelievable shape for a 68.

The top side had a moist pile of hay on top of it for who knows how long.

The interior..well....at least nothing large was living in it :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts