Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 RS 327, and it keeps stalling once I hit about 3,000 RPM. I checked the fuel system, and filters what els could it be? It's been sitting for about six months but I have started it every week, just not driven it. Could it be just bad gas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 68 (regular Camaro) with a 327 4 bbl Rochester and mine would stop running after driving a while. It turns out the fuel filter I had installed was a little too long and evidently go "smushed" and the gas wouldn't flow. I doubt this is your problem but maybe you could try to run the car without the filter to make sure.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Have you checked your fuel pressure (sould be between 7 and 13 psi)? Does the car just flat out die or does it keep running? What kind of distributer are you runnig? HEI or points? Little more info could help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I brought it and the IROC down to Florida this weekend and right before I went to the show I cranked it up (stalled a few times) and brought it out and drove hard for about five minutes, and it runs like a charm now. Guess it just got used to sitting. Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
It could be several things, but I believe I would start with the distributer, check the advance wieghts to make sure their not sticking, you didnt state if it was hei or not, so check the points if its got them, then move to the carburater, checking all vacume hoses, and base gasket, maybe run some techron inj/carb cleaner thru the tank, I would also try babying it around town to just see if driving it doesnt help

·
10,147 Posts
Probably all those short startups got crud on the plugs.
Ya gotta "blow the gunk out" on the freeway! :)
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327 original owner. 69 Camaro Vintage Racer, 65 Lola T-70 Chev SB Can-Am Vintage Racer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts