Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm looking for a spare for my 68 and I would like to use a space saver but i'm not sure what will fit. I currently have 4 wheel drums and i'm thinking to go to my local salvage yard to see what I can find. I read a couple of older posts and someone mentioned a mid 80's GM possibly Cadillac. Does anyone what will fit?

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Hi All,
I'm looking for a spare for my 68 and I would like to use a space saver but i'm not sure what will fit. I currently have 4 wheel drums and i'm thinking to go to my local salvage yard to see what I can find. I read a couple of older posts and someone mentioned a mid 80's GM possibly Cadillac. Does anyone what will fit?
Good question since I would also like to pick up something I can use as a spare. I should mention that I have 17" rims and posi rear.

·
Premium Member
12,511 Posts
Yeah your current rim size and brakes are important for fit and usability. If the doughnut spare you select is much smaller than the other three wheels it is useless as a true spare.

Use to be that a Pontiac GTO spare from a 2004-06, or Chevy Camaro same years fit well with disc brakes. But not sure if there isn't a newer that fits. I carry a full sized spare so can't speak from experience.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/gtsearch.php?q=spare tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts