Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to find out any information on a 68 SS body that I have through the vin # or the cowl tag #. The car is supposed to be a 68 SS 396 CI car with four speed tran. the car has a 12 bolt with multi leaf spings, I think the front sub frame has been changed on the car. I have read where the 68 cars are the hardest ones to identify any help would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
You are gonna have more info if posted at Tag Team. Give them #s and they will guide you thru different hints like dual tailpipes hangers, radiator size, heater core cover etc. etc.
Good luck

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Registered
130 Posts
You are correct that the 68's are the hardest to verify. One way you can check to see if it was a big block car is by the heater hose connections at the firewall. If they go thru the middle of the heater box, it is a big block. If they go to the right side of the box it is a small block or a 6. And if it is a big block car it is a SS. Of course they do reproduce those parts so keep that in mind. Hope this helps Erik

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention that this car does have the big block heater core, and power brakes a frind told me that there is another proportion valve under the car beside the sub frame for cars with disc. drakes which this car has but by the sub frame being changed there are no disc brakes. I will get the cowl tag information and post it. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts