Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what color this is on the top of the car? Is this Corvette bronze? I know it's a crappy pic but it's 30 years old. I would have used a digital camera but I think we were still using plates and flash powder back then.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Or possibly a vinyl roof after someone removed the vinyl and the rust had started?

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sold this car 20 some years ago. I didn't get interested until I found some old pictures of it cira 1976. It had a white vinyl top and the original color of the car is what was under the vinyl where it came off on the left rear. There were other spots where you could see this color. I did see one other car that color back in the 70's. I am going to look for old insurance stuff to see if I can find vin and see where it is now. I don't think I ever even looked at the TT, back then who cared? Remember, this thing was beat and only 7 years old at the time.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
68Z,

Here are links to the colors for 67,68,69 Camaro.Also info on the Corvette & Camaro sharing colors.
Kev

http://www.camaros.net/years/67/67paint.html

http://www.camaros.net/years/68/68paint.html

http://www.camaros.net/years/69/69paint.html

Q: [25-Aug-2000] New: How many colors did Camaro share with Corvette?

A: Corvette enthusiasts often like to emphasize that their colors are unique. While many Corvette colors often are unique, in the first-generation Camaro years there was some sharing with Camaro. In 1967 these were Tuxedo Black, Ermine White, and Marina Blue. In 1968, two colors, Tuxedo Black and Cordovan Maroon, started the year common to both Camaro and Corvette. In January 1968, three additional Corvette colors were added to Camaro, with specific marketing attention given to the fact that they were Corvette colors applied to Camaro. These three were Corvette Bronze, LeMans Blue, and British Green. (In addition to these three, non-Corvette Rallye Green was another mid-season Camaro color addition. Together they replaced Fathom Blue, Grecian Green, Palomino Ivory, and Tuxedo Black for the remainder of 1968.) As a result, Corvette shared a total of five colors with Camaro in 1968. And in 1969 there were eight colors shared: Tuxedo Black, Fathom Green, Burgundy, Cortez, Silver, LeMans Blue, Hugger Orange (known on the Corvette as Monaco Orange), and Daytona Yellow.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
...If you're saying you know for sure that 'that' color was indeed paint under the (removed) vinyl top (not primered), ...then Corvette Bronze would be my guess.

..."I don't think I ever even looked at the TT, back then who cared?"
Funny you say this, ... I was thinking the same thing the other day. Back then, ...I'm not even sure I knew there were trim tags :eek:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have two O-1 Corrvette bronze white top camaros. When I pulled the old top off it looked just like your photo above.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't see a paint chip with the Corvette Bronze but I am going to assume that was it. It surely wasn't maroon. I also have a picture of the firewall with the new engine in it, but I can't read TT. Is there some kind of software you can run it through to clear up and enlarge it? That would take care of a lot of my new-found curiosity. Kevin, I saw "that thing" on the firewall but that was just some Chevy numbers. If we only knew, I'd have enough money to buy more Camaros.

·
Registered
6 Posts
please help with info about code 67 maroon met. camaros, how can I find production numbers? I rarley see any. I recently bought a very nice/ clean x44 car/ac/pb/ps/4spd/12bolt,

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kevin, I don't seem to be able to get that picture to uplaod on site. Too big and I have enough trouble just getting anything posted. Computer stuff isn't my strength. I might be able to E-mail, PM? I E-mailed it. I hope you have DSL.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Harvard..

I downloaded it, tried everything to get to see the tag however poor photo however I can lighten and zoom in, no tag info can be discerned. I even tried negative image etc...no good. Yes, I have high speed so image downloaded in a few seconds. If you have others send them..maybe I can get something out of them for you.

Kev

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks anyway Kevin, that's the only one I have. Maybe my mom has some stashed away. Kind of a long shot. I had prints made off of slides and scanned it. I imagine it lost a little. I am going to find a slde projector and try to take a look. Either way I just found these and got real curious about the car since I have the Z, in fact that's why I bought the Z. Lots of good memories. Thanks for trying!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts