Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to put 69 tail lights on a 68, I'm guessing just doing body work on it, just want some advice or if anyone else has done it.

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
I've never seen it done but I don't know why you couldn't. I would think splicing of the rear tail light portion of a 69 into the tail panel of a 68 would be the safest way to go about it. You might be able to find someone replacing the tail panel in a 69 willing to donate their old one to the cause.

Jeff

·
14,092 Posts
Anything can be done.

Guess my question is why?

You can buy some great looking billet taillights and just bolt them in

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am going to put 67 rs lights in my 68 rs but it a direct fit , I like the looks of 67 better. As far as your idea I say its your car do it the way you want who cares what others think . but remember some day we all sell what we have , just a thought

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
I am going to put 67 rs lights in my 68 rs but it a direct fit , I like the looks of 67 better. As far as your idea I say its your car do it the way you want who cares what others think . but remember some day we all sell what we have , just a thought
I spotted a sticker on a car at The Meltdown drags that said
" I didn't build it for your approval, I built it because it meets mine!"
I'm considering lettering "When it's your's you can paint it pink sparkly if you want" on my rear spoiler. I have nightmares of my car being overhauled and My daughter being the insider.....

Jeff

·
14,092 Posts
Although we all build cars for ourselves we still value others opinions and long for approval by our peers.

Anybody says differently is imho not being truthful.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Truth be told, if you put 69 tail lights on a 68 you would really damage the resale value.

We have no dog in this fight. Just giving friendly advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I cut out and welded 69 tail lights on my 68. I also removed the trunk lock and moved the gas filler up so it's level with the lights. I don't care about original value since it was originally a 6 cylinder car. I also added 69 fog lights as driving lights. I'm calling it a 68 and a 1/2.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Nice work! That's what makes this hobby fun.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Nice looking job both front and back. I bought a 68 new but always lusted after a 69. After raising 2 kids, moving 4 times,buying 4 houses and 20 years later, I finally got my 69. Still got it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Zach I love the 69 fog light conversion on your 68, it looks right at home, that will be put away in my someday addition to my car file.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for all the nice comments on my car. I've been building it for the last 8 years. Here is a pic of the car at its worst.

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
I put a 68 gas filler with a Ridetech cap on my 69. That 69 license plate filler is painful on a lowered car....

Do what you want. The next owner can undo it easily enough...

Don

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don,

I was thinking if I did it again, I would convert it to a 69 gas filler. I didn't realize it was hard to fill, makes sense.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
How about a 70 rear panel on a 68? How about the 69 looking on a 2000 Camaro! What car guys do . . . .makes it fun and interesting and many times very expensive. I guess we learned that when building those AMT kits as kids. . . .still have some of those in a box in the attic.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
I like the 69 to 68 conversions, it's not for but I like them . I also like the 67/68 Firebird tail conversions into 67/68 Camaros.

I have a 67, this is what I did to mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts