Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Got a question for you. Did a search on this, but as usuall, I cant find someone with the same setup and question, so here goes -
My sub is off the car, doing a complete frame up - I have all new front end parts installed on my 68, to include single piston calipers (69) and 2in lowered Hotchkis springs. The rims that were on the car when I got it were basically mis-matched junkyard rims. Id like to get a set of cheap'ish stock ralley rims and tires, and later maybe upgrade. Heres the question, what size rims will I need to clear the discs and not rub due to the lowered front springs. That might be an easy question, but I dont want to mess it up and waste money, who does

Thanks guys.
Fivian

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
15x7 inch Rally wheels will clear the brakes no problem. Be careful with your offset though...the car is lower than stock and the fronts might need about an inch more offset than stock to make sure there is no tire rubbing. I'd use a 4" to 4.5" offset with a 215/50 series tire on front. Rear you could use a 15X7 or 8 and at least 4" backspacing with a 235/50 or 255/50 tire respectively.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Choptop, I know its probably been addressed before, but I wanted to make certain that it would fit my set up. Thanks for your time and answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts