Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know of a 68 Z28/RS that's going to be for sale soon. Original colors were green with white interior. This is the bare bones remains, the rear axle is gone, transmission and engine have also been removed so the body is all that's left of the car. Also it has spent most it's life setting in a Michigan field so I'm positive the underside is toast requiring a complete rebuild or rebody. It is the real deal however-Z28/RS so I imagine it's worth something. Any idea what she's worth? Are there any options to look for that would increase the value? Thanks for any info, Bob How many Z28/RS camaros were built in 68?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hey Bob. A 68 Z28/RS without the original drivetrain or some sort of documentation {POP, build sheet or window sticker (the real one's, not the one's you buy on Ebay)}, is unfortunately not worth anymore than any other 68 Camaro. In the condition you describe, I'm sad to say that it is essentially worthless. Not to say that some of the guy's on here couldn't bring it back to life, but in it's current state, it's worth little to nothing. Mike. :beers: :beers:

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
I Want It! PM Me!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I know of a 68 Z28/RS that's going to be for sale soon.
How do you know it's a real 68 Z/28? Because someone told you so? Or, it's badged as a Z/28? Without the original drivetrain, a rust bucket would be hard to document as a real 68 Z/28.
You want to know the Value? What is the value of a rust bucket 68 RS coupe in a field and that is the value.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
How do you know it's a real 68 Z/28? Because someone told you so? Or, it's badged as a Z/28? Without the original drivetrain, a rust bucket would be hard to document as a real 68 Z/28.
You want to know the Value? What is the value of a rust bucket 68 RS coupe in a field and that is the value.

Yup....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a real Z/RS, the previous owners list is available and there's enough left on it to verify. But reguardless of the skeptics the question was what is the car worth knowing it is the real deal? And again how many were produced? I find it hard to believe it's worth only the value of it's parts considering the amount of work being put into these cars and what they are selling for...

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
It's a real Z/RS, the previous owners list is available and there's enough left on it to verify. But reguardless of the skeptics the question was what is the car worth knowing it is the real deal? And again how many were produced? I find it hard to believe it's worth only the value of it's parts considering the amount of work being put into these cars and what they are selling for...

Nobody is being skeptical here. The problem is that having all the previous owners swear on an affidavit may not be good enough to prove the car is a real Z. Until someone shows up with factory or dealer documentation which shows that the VIN of this car came with options Z22 and Z28, the car will not be worth more than what it looks like.

Word of mouth doesn't cut the mustard.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The problem is that there may be enough left to verify right now... but after it is restored everything original will be gone then it is just an unverified 68 Z... now you could document everything thouroughly during the resto... ie... original stripes, paint, tire pressure sticker, springs, etc... but then again other than stripes and tire press sticker everything else could come on another 68 Camaro...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts