Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 69 Z28 and the belts are all misaligned. I thinking that there is a incorrect water pump. It looks like that is what has all the belts pushing out, the water pump looks too long, could someone steer me to the correct pump. long or short and correct number Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Water pump = 3953692
Water pump pulley = 3932456DV
Crank pulley = 3956669CG

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I want to say that we can buy at least three different length w/p's for our old SB's.

A regular short, then a longer one and finally the regular long one so please do your homework. And I think the off-beat one fit's the "Vettes".

I also think Alan Grove Component site show's this, but I may be off, it's been a while since I looked.

pdq67

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
A 1969 should be the long water pump, and there isn't anything longer. Pulleys are water pump specific, and you can not mix a short pump with a long pump. Which belt is out of alignment ? Your problem is probably not the water pump, it is probably whatever accessory that you are trying to line up.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I usually just click "attachments" then click "browse" under upload file from computer and voila! I think thats how anyway, been a while!!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
If you are a Team Member, you don't need photo bucket. (or any of the other's !)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts