Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1969 RS Camaro
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to trouble shoot my radio. So far I have made sure I have power to it. It does not light up and no sound/static noise. What are some things to check? Thanks in advance Alex

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
if u have power and gnd and no static coming thru the speaker - sounds like the radio needs service

·
Registered
298 Posts
make sure you have it pluged in right some how I had the plug in the wrong way and when I turned it around it worked, look at the assembly manual and make you have the right color wires going in the right place

·
Registered
1969 RS Camaro
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will double check the plug in and check for pow one more time.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Is it on the bench or in the car? Theres no ground connection in the car harness, only power. It grounds to the dash thru the support strap on the back of the radio.

·
Registered
1969 RS Camaro
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's in the car, got good power, and the support brace is hook up. I want to check the light bulb out and make sure it's good. I am going to run a new antenna cable to it. Not sure how to get to the speaker yet?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Good luck! You might want to fine another AM radio. They were plentiful and are probably cheaper than fixing yours. I put a new $100 am/fm CD in the glove box and leave the AM for show. If you replace the original you might look into getting a repo AM/FM. Ausleys Chevelle has the best price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts