Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order new suction hose for my A/C system. I have the correct evaporator core which exits and makes a hairpin turn to the engine side. I also have a hairpin hard line which connects to the hose fitting It is longer than the small block one, but I'm not sure is correct. The assembly manual shows it extending just past the front side of the box, and then turning 45 degrees toward the pass side fender. Mine stops without making the 45. It was sold to me as from a b/b Chevy, but I have a feeling it is from a Firebird 400.

Where I'm getting the hoses made, they do not have a pattern to go from. They can custom one, if I can show them how it should look.

Anyone have an original B/B A/C that they can check, to see how the hairpin looks?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sorry, I dont have a BB air system, but I have a 68 Firebird 400 with air. The pipe you're talking about on my Firebird has a 90 degree bend then another beind in the same direction at about 45 degree. Does that sound like yours? If your pipe is a Firebird unit I'd be willing to buy it from you.

Gary

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey Unreal,

I have some pics of factory BB AC car engine compartments, but I don't have time to post them right now. I will post them on the link in my sig. over the weekend.

My car had factory AC, but I have yet to find the right hoses to complete the system.

------------------
Keith
'69 RS/SS 502
[email protected]
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/awsm502

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to Old Air Products, in Ft Worth, TX. (817) 531-2665 If they have your application in their data base, they will make them without samples. In the case of the 69 B/B, they do not. I'm going to send them my hairpin tube, and they will either reuse it or duplicate it. They'll make it for me, but I'm not sure they will add it to their data base, without a full hose as a guide.
They do have 69 S/B, and the only difference is the suction hose length and the different hairpin. I told them I would send them pictures of the completed installation and see if passes muster.

If anyone has a B/B Suction hose they can carefully measure and confirm the length, that would be a big help.

I know I can get my own hoses. My objective here, is to get 69 Camaro B/B into their data base, for the next guy.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm sorry, Unreal. I don't have a fax. Looking at the assembly manual, the BB suction line looks quite long and JUST like a hairpin. My Firebird line is much smaller...approx.8" total.

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts