Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the power steering return hose on a 69 big block supposed to be routed under the engine frame stand? I see some that are routed up by the upper control arm and inner fender.
I bought a rebuilt 69 bbc power steering pump and the return line does point out away from the engine towards the inner fender somewhat.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good, I did it right then. I was starting to second guess myself after looking at several pics with the hose routed over the top. It was a really tight fit with the super comps though:yes:

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a couple pics. Next time I have the car jacked up I will try to get some from the bottom.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where the hoses run on the rear of the subframe I used a rubber coated guide bolted on with one of the brake line guides to keep the hoses away from the headers.
I guess I really need to get under there and take a picture because my explanation kinda stinks lol.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, and next time I have the engine out I really need to do some painting :eek: It looks extra gross in my pictures, yuck.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem Skip,I like taking pictures. I read a lot of your posts before I finally mustered up the courage to buy these headers. They are tight but I think they fit a lot better than many people say they do.
I want to make a video now too, with the Comp 292H cam,these headers and the 3 inch flowmaster kit the thing now sounds pretty wild.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
No problem Skip,I like taking pictures. I read a lot of your posts before I finally mustered up the courage to buy these headers. They are tight but I think they fit a lot better than many people say they do.
I want to make a video now too, with the Comp 292H cam,these headers and the 3 inch flowmaster kit the thing now sounds pretty wild.
Thanks and i would love to hear/see a video:yes:... The only thing i don't like about these headers is getting to #7 spark plug:(.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts