Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have not bought tac yet,so would i have to modify factory dash slot to add factory tac back in? also adding console gauges as well. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Yes. If you have an original dash carrier, the outline for the factory tachometer cut out is visible on the back side of the carrier where the tach mounts. The reproduction OER carrier has the out line as well. There is also a template available to help you to make the correct cut out. You will need to remove the dash carrier to properly cut out the opening for the tach. After the cut is made, the installation is straight forward. They make a stand alone tach only harness for just the tach, or you can get the full conversion kit which allows you to install the console gauges as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have just started doing the tach conversion and the console gauges as well , have already removed and made cuts , bought the wiring harness will be trying to reinstall this week .

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
X2 on the Dremel. Then use a small file and some sand paper to dress and smooth the opening.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I started this project I did not realize it would be this much work and time doing the wiring , luckily I have it done . Now to start putting the dashboard and console in place .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found out that heart beat city sells the complete dash that is already cut out for factory tac and factory center clock., the parts place in illinois sells the template for tac cut out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts