Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 69 Camaro AM/FM radio (Blue Light) with the 4 speaker multiplexer above the glove box. I'm working on the interior (new wiring harness, lube on the heater control cables, etc) and pulled the radio and speakers completely out of the car. Speakers are aftermarket, but correct 8 to 10 ohm resistance. When I hook everything up on the bench, I'm getting almost all left channel, no right. Playing with the fade (right knob) front to back only fades all the sound to the front left or back right speaker (stereo crisscrossed from factory). Is there a balance left to right knob on the stereo or multiplexer? I tried to change all the pots I could find (gain, etc) but nothing seemed to change the balance left to right. I'm getting sound out of the right channel, but its faint and nearly entirely base; no treble etc. There is a pot on the bottom of the stereo on the left side that is not labeled; is that balance left to right? I tried it but it didn't make a difference; could be a dirty pot though...

Thanks for the help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts