Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new Monroe shocks and new poly bushings but Im running the stock 40yr old springs. I like the ride height but the ride is too rough and not controlled over bumps. Also I bottom out mainly on the passenger side. Kind of embarrasing when Im showing off the car to friends.

Do I need new springs? Should I get the JCW 3 leafs? Im not concerned about factory correct as this is not a numbers car. Car came with multi's originally.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
what size tires and what is the offset on the rims??

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock 15" ralley wheels. I think they are 4.5" backspace. Tires are old and need to be replaced also. That is on my list. Im just having trouble deciding if I should get new tires for the ralleys or get the MB old school 17 wheel combo.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one cares to guess where the problem is? I figure it must be either springs or shocks. The shocks are new and seem to work when I push down on the back of the car. Springs then? Would it be a big deal to switch from 5 leaf to the 3 leaf? I dont want to raise the rear end up too much.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
list the size tire you have on the rear??..235-60-15..??..i think probally its time for new springs if its a little rough riding..i would go with the 3 leaf instead of 5..

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Im running the stock 40yr old springs.
They have lost their spring and most proberly flattened out...after 40yrs
There are older posts, about 2 to 3 months ago that cover this subject and from memory also have the spring rate and curve specs....you can get them re forged.
Compare the eye to eye measurement.
Or for a quick check
The rear hangers do they lean to the front of the car, vertical or lean to the rear?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts