Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, wow, wow.....

Impressive is an understatement

Thank you very much Ty, my car has come a long way. I have to post pics of the coil overs, I also have Hotchkis sub frame connectors and the Hotchkis big sway bar. My car still needs alot of work to be where I would like.

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Anthony:

Nice. Keep it going.

Yes, you have a ways to go, but you are over the hump in my opinion. Deciding on the driveline and suspension and getting them done is huge.

Which LS engine did you go with?

Any details on the tune?

You are officially at the really fun stage.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anthony:

Nice. Keep it going.

Yes, you have a ways to go, but you are over the hump in my opinion. Deciding on the driveline and suspension and getting them done is huge.

Which LS engine did you go with?

Any details on the tune?

You are officially at the really fun stage.

I had a 6.0 cast iron but elected to sell that and buy a more complete motor from a Nor cal LSX member. Its a ls1 with the cam 230/236 on a 112 lsa. I used Dynatech headers, and the autokraft oil pan for ls conversions. If I could go back I would most likely get a 6.0 stroker but so far I am pleased with the motor that is in it. When I went to get tuned Rick had a problem with a vacuum leak and was unable to complete it. I elected to go with another tuner afterwards because Rick from Synergy did not appear to really want my business and his level of professionalism was not what I typically like to see. The new tuner has also come off as a jerk but I am going to give him another shot, he tried to street tune my car but did not ask qualifying questions about my car when we made the appointment so he could not finish. The rest of the tune is scheduled for the 25th of this month, Im gonna pray it goes well. If you guys have more questions let me know please.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the final good guys show did not happen. I have been having many issues getting prepped for the tune and I think I am almost ready. I have a ton more pics but forgot how to post them from photobucket. The interior is almost complete, exterior is coming along, I just need to add badging, get the final wet sand and buff done and put the front lower moulding on the window, a brake upgrade is gonna happen in the future just not sure when. I still need a tune but I think I have a plan for that. My car has been having some issues correcting stuff that wasnt up to my standards but now we are squarely headed in the right direction. I will get the pics up from photobucket as soon as I remember or someone tells me again, thanks for the support guys.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,630 Posts
The progress looks good! How hard was it to mount the seats? You will love the LS, mine is a blast to drive. I also like the VHX gauges, did you use their BIM module? I did and it made the install a lot easier, less wiring to run for the readings. Is the button on your shifter know for reverse lockout? I thought about doing it and wired it via the PCM. Works great!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Cool car and tons of work to get to where you are. Have you thought about a pinstripe to accent the flat black to the gloss. Kind of a Foose style stripe. Good luck as you get to the final stages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you walk through what it took to get the 5th gen front and rear seats to fit in there? Also do you think there is enough room for a 5th gen console in there with the seats? Also how's the ride height on the drivers seat and is there about the same amount of room in the back seat as stock?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I am impressed with all the work and the end result should be fantastic. I bought an original California car that needed no body work except to strip 7 layers of paint and a thinner soaked rag to clean the undercarriage. Put it back in primer then Black with pearl white stripes, over white interior, BB 4 SPD, RS. I admire your perseverance.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Can you walk through what it took to get the 5th gen front and rear seats to fit in there? Also do you think there is enough room for a 5th gen console in there with the seats? Also how's the ride height on the drivers seat and is there about the same amount of room in the back seat as stock?
Yeah, what he said... I was about to ask the same question b/c I road in a buddy's 5th gen and I would like to have some seats like his.

Also, what Hide-a-way headlight kit did you go with? I noticed you change part of the way through...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts