Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to hook up console gauges without buying a wiring harness. I bought the harness that hooks to the gauges themselves and have every gauge working except the ammeter. Does anyone know how to hook the ammeter up?

·
Registered
85 Posts
tjones, I'm just getting started with the same project. If you go to electric & wiring and look up the post dated 4-29-01 you will find the author rdcmro69. I asked the same question and if you look at the last reply by dale68z you will find the answer. I have not got that far yet (I just started yesterday) Please let me know how you make out. Also, I would like to know how you wired everything else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rdcmro, Thanks and Check out the link to the picture TOMSTV sent me in the electrical section.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went through getting my ammeter hooked up and working properly a few months ago. You can get the gauge wiring diagram from several of the restro parts places. Without getting real specific, there are two wires, one goes to the voltage regulator and one to the positive side of the battery. I can get more exact information of you haven't got it yet. It is ideal to run wires directly from the ammeter to these connections if at all possible. If you run them through the connector block (behind the fuse block) make absolutely certain you have a perfect connection. If these connections are anything but perfect the added resistance will cause an offset in your ammeter reading. I'd like to know how you make out, please email directly as you progress if possible.

------------------
George Thomas
1969 Camaro Z28 X77
[email protected]
http://home.cox.rr.com/gthomas/gt.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts