I need help finding as new exhaust for my 69 camaro
all the systems I see are headset back but I still have factory manifolds
do you know any systems out there that will work for me

I spoke with Flowmaster and they do not have any

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I have an all GM system on my car and that looks just like it. Price seems low!
In my case the DZ going back in I know needs and is screaming for headers but I can't hack that system up as mine is hooked to the stock manifolds.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Guys
I need help finding as new exhaust for my 69 camaro
all the systems I see are headset back but I still have factory manifolds
do you know any systems out there that will work for me

I spoke with Flowmaster and they do not have any

thanks
Strange, cause I bought my downpipes from Flowmaster to attach to manifold for my ZL-1! The pipes are 2,5” to match the rest of my system, could that be the issue here....you want a small are dimension?

·
19,890 Posts
Most any header back kit "should" work with the addition of the stock replacement down pipes ?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I used the D+R system on my '69 Z with factory cast manifolds. It all fit nice. Just take your time, as you need to start in the middle and work your way forward and back, keeping everything loose, until you get all the spacing correct and the tip length right. Keep an eye on the muffler level, this takes some patience, but it can be done. Also, you should opt for a good quality manifold donuts. The cheap ones crush easily. I used the actual Fel-pro ones, with no further issues. Don't tighten anything up until you get it all aligned. Some twisting and shouting, but in the end, it comes out real nice. I'd do it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts