Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I ordered mine direct from Goodmark. They had 2 qualities. Their standard and then show. I was very pleased with the show quality bumper. It was about $100 more than the standard price but there was no disappointment.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
If you have your original, one of the bumper restorers (bumper boyz, tricities plating, etc) can straighten and rechrome for about $150 or so. If you don't have a core, they charge a little more. Tricities did a very nice job on my rear bumper. (front is endura)

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
If any of you do lots of cruising and have steel bumpers and or guards and exposed to much rain,( like the down pour I ran into coming from Billings last year), they will begin to rust or stain on the back sides. To prevent this on my 69, I coated the inside of the chrome bumper and guards, (that cant be seen anyway) , with a POR 15 type encapsulator black paint. Chrome is bare metal and if in the right elements, will rust or stain. The outside that you polish daily, will prolly not happen to but the back side that is rarely wiped or polished , needs to be protected. Just my .02 here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts