Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few fuses that are stuck in the fuse box, when I get them out what is the best way to clean the clips and can I use dielectric grease or something like that?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had that issue on an old 442 that sat and used rolled up emery cloth to pop in between and clean the clips. I may have used a small screw driver to push the emery in and around each clip...it was a long time ago. I don't see a reason why you couldn't use dielectric afterwards, but I didn't have to.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Is WD-40 conductive? I have cleaned rusty clips with fine sandpaper and also a Dremel tool with the vertical wire brush. Left them dry and clean and worked fine.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
To get mine out yrs ago I broke them with needle nose pliers
Cleaned up as above with fine sand paper
Over the yrs ( 20 odd)they tended corrode back in
the last time I cleaned up and used a small tube of silver conducting grease that is for between a computer cpu and heat sink...seems to work great.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
The plating on those terminals has degraded over the years and exposed the steel which is why you see rust and corrosion. Once you get them shined up, you'll have bare metal exposed (and a little less plating) which will rust if you don't coat it. Dielectric grease is the stuff, just a little dab will do ya. It has silicon in it and it'll creep. If you get too much on you'll have a mess. Just a light coat is all you need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts