Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
I ran 1/0 from the battery negative to the alternator bracket frame and another from an unused accessory hole on the driver's side head to the cross brace mount at the fender, but the frame is also a good place. It should be getting a ground through the motor mount already though. There is also a small one going to the brace right behind the battery that was already there that I maintained.

If I ever get around to installing a stereo, I'll have to see if I have any problem with ground loops but I'm trying to get everything grounded out to the same potential.

Clean all the mount points of paint and gunk and use a good dollop of dielectric grease.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
I thought he meant these for chassis and body grounding. Sorry.

·
Retired
26,663 Posts
I thought he meant these for chassis and body grounding. Sorry.

All those straps are part of a radio option... The only grounding a Camaro got from the factory to allow it to run is the ground cable from the battery's neg post to the block and the small strap from the battery's neg post to the inner fender.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
My 69 has one ground strap running from the inner fender passenger side to the frame. Its in front of the tire. I have two straps going from the valve cover bolts to the firewall. The drivers side strap goes on the outside of the valve cover bolt above the header while the pass side goes to the inside valve cover bolt next to the manifold. My 4th strap is on the frame below the heater box. Mine is broken, but I think it attaches to the one of the screws for the heater box.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
My 69 has one ground strap running from the inner fender passenger side to the frame. Its in front of the tire. I have two straps going from the valve cover bolts to the firewall. The drivers side strap goes on the outside of the valve cover bolt above the header while the pass side goes to the inside valve cover bolt next to the manifold. My 4th strap is on the frame below the heater box. Mine is broken, but I think it attaches to the one of the screws for the heater box.
x2 for my BBC. (sorta)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts