Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....I have the spring, pin and retainer in and I have the wiring hooked up to the the horn shroud. What I don't understand is how the two wires from the horn shroud stay pressed against the pin. There is nothing to connect the wires to the pin so the wires won't stay in contact....hence no horns!

Tell me what I am missing here.

·
Registered
966 Posts
What type of steering wheel do you have? On the standard wheel, the two wires that join together are pushed down into the hole alittle. That makes the contact on mine. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the standard wheel. The wires can be pushed down the hole, but nothing keeps them from coming back out of the hole and losing contact.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, let me put this another way. Are the wires connected to the pin? The pin is held in place by the retainer and the spring.

If the wires aren't connected to the pin than I don't see how they can keep contact with the pin.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that I'm talking to my self here.....

Yes the wires must be in contact with the pin....solder works pretty good to keep them on the pin. Also in order for the button to work it must be grounded....So either the horn shround must be screwed on or a jumper wire must be used to supply the ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts