Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
I have a 69 camaro coupe with new deluxe interior going in, and my question is about the rear side trim pieces and specifically about the "windlass".
First of all getting the left side panel to fit well is difficult without some trimming. The window crank stem is not centered in the trim hole. Does it need to be dead center? I think it may be close enough,

The greater problem is as follows.
I'm told that the material on the side panel has to wrap around the metal pinch seam and that then the windlass pushes on over fabric and pinch seam. That pretty much seems impossible, at least on my car. Does the excess panel material instead just wrap around the back side of the panel, and the windlass just slip over only the metal pinch seam. That would seem to be much easier.

also there is a small metal tab on the top of the windlass with a hole for a screw to go into the steel body, however, the panel covers up that hole, so his does one get the screw in??
Anyway, I'm at a loss as to how to proceed, and have had zero luck finding a video or and usable description of the process. ANY and ALL help would be greatly , and I do mean greatly appreciated.
RJ

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
The extra material gets glued to the pinch weld. The windlace then goes over the covered pinch weld. The bottom of the windlace gets covered by the sill plate. The top bracket gets screwy in up top. It gets screwed in the same hole as the window felt. The window crank hole doesn't have to be dead on as long as your crank will cover the hole. Hope this makes sense .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts