Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to swap a set of multi leaf springs from a 74 Nova 4dr to my 69Camaro that currently has the original mono leaf springs on it.

I was just going to put the mono springs on the 74 Nova just so it can be moved when the time comes after parting the rest out.

Are the 69 mono leafs worth keeping?
And am I getting any performance advantage from swapping to the muli-leafs off the Nova?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
What performance advantage are you looking for?
A multi leaf will give you a higher spring rate than mono. If you're not looking for that, why swap?
I have monos. and actually, I love them.

If you want to be a 1320 king :tongue:, monos will allow better weight transfer due to their lower rate. With any leaf, you may need traction bars, and add an airshock on the right side with 50 psi preload.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am guessing that that the mono leaf spring will give me extreme axle hop even with a mild 350 buildup?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I have a ~600hp BB and even with ET Streets, they've never axle hopped once in the near 20 years I've had the car, and that includes the time I ran M/T IndyProfile SS tires without traction bars.

Multi leaves are just as likely to axle hop.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a ~600hp BB and even with ET Streets, they've never axle hopped once in the near 20 years I've had the car, and that includes the time I ran M/T IndyProfile SS tires without traction bars.

Multi leaves are just as likely to axle hop.
You are running 600HP with FACTORY mono leaf springs and ET streets? :confused:
I would think you wouldnt hook at the track at all with that combo....maybe the factory mono leaf springs are stronger and better than I thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts