Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - I'm just about done with my car (for now) but I've got a significant problem with my front seats. Running factory frames and TMI Sport R foams/covers. I've been down the "new foams and covers are thicker' road but I'd like the community's thoughts on how I can modify the set-up to drop the seats 2". I have extenders installed already which picked up some leg room, but my head is still smashing the headliner. Does anyone know of low-profile aftermarket tracks or is it feasible to thin the seat bottom frame/spring assembly? There must be some option aside from scrapping the $$$ set-up I've got and going with some generic aftermarket seats. I really do not want to tear up carpet and start modding the floor pan if it can be avoided. I've seen posts of guys cutting the seat legs and gaining an inch but that's not going to be enough.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Nick

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
There is a topic posted on this , shortening the seat track legs. Don't recall who it was but he did a good job. He basically cut a section out of the legs, that should help a lot.

I did not do this as I read this too late, but I relocated the unmodified track, further to the rear of this extender plate and rebolted. I also made a cross cut , across the seat extender channel, to allow the extender to bow some or follow the floor shape better. I gained some there and was worth the effort.

Do a search on the subject, maybe even follow some of my posts (zdld17) and you can find it as I know I commented on this. Hope this helps. I did the same, went to the sport seats .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.