Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just finishing up the "Painless" wiring on my 69 and the stock Parking lights / Turn signals units have two wires (One black and one purple) coming out of the housing. Which one is for the parking light and the turn signal? These two colors don't match the colors in my 69 wiring schmatic manual that I have. They also don't match up with the Painless wire colors but at least they are labeled.

Also..one other question...on the headlight plug is the 3rd black wire a ground? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
I never seen a Painless harness up close. I thought they could at least use the same wire colors for ease of installation and/or troubleshooting.

The parking light wire from the light switch normally will goes to both lamp housings. The wire would go straight to the driver's side, then split off to the passenger side. Just check to see which side has the same color, that's the parking light circuit.

Yes, the black wire is ground.

Larry

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
The wires coming out of the housing are different than the schematic for sure. I just did mine, and I recall the DK Blue or purple being the park (purple = park is what's running through my head), and the other being turn. It's easy enough to check, and there's no danger of anything bad happening if you reverse them. You'll just have bright parks and dim truns until you flip flop the wires again.

69 front lights ground through the housing to the valence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.