Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

I would like to introduce my 69 Camaro SS/RS restoration project in Saudi Arabia, I am appreciating and happy to share it here, also to see members suggestion, help, observation and advice.

Let's start, my car is 69 SS/RS Camaro and located in Saudi Arabia and I am going to restore it to original condition as much as I can.

·
11,280 Posts
Welcome Fahad! Looks like a good project! :)

Have you run the drivetrain numbers to confirm what you have? the SS option came with the special hood, but yours is not there.

Is there an interesting story on how the Camaro got to Saudi Arabia, then neglected?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Fahad! Looks like a good project! :)

Have you run the drivetrain numbers to confirm what you have? the SS option came with the special hood, but yours is not there.

Is there an interesting story on how the Camaro got to Saudi Arabia, then neglected?
Thanks Kevin.

Unfortunately the original drivetrain were replaced long time ago.
The current engine is 454 and the tranny is Saginaw.

Again unfortunately the car were crushed into wall during speed testing and the previous owner got the spare parts of 1st gen Camaros from the junkyard.

I would let you know the story asap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a great project. Are there many 1st gen Camaros in Saudi Arabia?...I like the yellow 56 Chevy truck too!
Thanks Mike, Yes there are around 10 1st gen Camaros in Saudi Arabia

Yeah the yello truck is too beautiful.

·
19,786 Posts
Welcome to TC.
Looks like you have your hands full and will be doing a lot of resto work.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Congratulations on finding a 1st gen and welcome to Team Camaro!

For the car to be a true RS it would have to have back up lights below the bumper.

And it appears to have a 68 steering wheel also. Front seats look like they might be out of a 4th gen Firebird.

Car archaeology can be so much fun sometimes...

I see you've actually been a member since 2005. Never to late to start I say.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congratulations on finding a 1st gen and welcome to Team Camaro!

For the car to be a true RS it would have to have back up lights below the bumper.

And it appears to have a 68 steering wheel also. Front seats look like they might be out of a 4th gen Firebird.

Car archaeology can be so much fun sometimes...

I see you've actually been a member since 2005. Never to late to start I say.
The RS backlights were removed and its place was blocked.

I will work hard to fix all things.

Thanks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Interesting that they went to all the trouble to change it to a non rs car and filled the holes....usually you see non-rs cars changed to rs...sometimes not even adding the reverse lights. Sounds like you've got it well planned out:yes:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
I'm assuming the lighting is making the color look purple? Definitely the most interesting 69 modifications I have seen an a long time. What were they thinking? Maybe the parts supply lead them to the dash and tail decisions? Well I'm sure you will make her a true 69 RS once again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm assuming the lighting is making the color look purple? Definitely the most interesting 69 modifications I have seen an a long time. What were they thinking? Maybe the parts supply lead them to the dash and tail decisions? Well I'm sure you will make her a true 69 RS once again.
Thank you Brian

1 - 20 of 44 Posts