Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the GM part number is for a stock SB AC POA valve?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Pretty much all the non Full-Size models from the mid 60's to the mid 70's used the same expansion/POA valve set-up.
They mounted differently depending on model though, so the clamp(s) were different.

GM listed that POA (or 'Freon Evaporator Control Valve') as Group 9.198 and part #5910593
The SBC clamp assembly was Group 9.199 and the part # 3902244
Don't have any notes about the BBC clamp :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts
Do you mean an Pilot Operated Absolute valve from the receiver dryer? 15-51 Type-2?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty much all the non Full-Size models from the mid 60's to the mid 70's used the same expansion/POA valve set-up.
They mounted differently depending on model though, so the clamp(s) were different.

GM listed that POA (or 'Freon Evaporator Control Valve') as Group 9.198 and part #5910593
The SBC clamp assembly was Group 9.199 and the part # 3902244
Don't have any notes about the BBC clamp :eek:
Thanks!

Any idea what this part number came off of?

Came across an NOS one locally at what I consider to be a reasonable price. Wondering if it will do the job for my Z-10?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
IIRC - and as stated - it was the common early/mid 60's evap. valve prior to the POA assembly.

No idea what the specs and ratings differences between the two area, but if I can find my 70's GM/Frigidaire/Harrison cat. I may be able to find them ...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just curious, but what would a good price be for the 5910593 POA, used but in condition?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
You can, but all the replacement units I've seen so far are far from 'stock' in appearance ...

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
Thanks!

Any idea what this part number came off of?

Came across an NOS one locally at what I consider to be a reasonable price. Wondering if it will do the job for my Z-10?
Make note of the position of the external equalizing line. Some are positioned differently than others. If you get the wrong one your equalizing line wont line up. Thats the only difference in 60s/70s POAs, that line. Check with Pace car jeff, he always has those for sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts