Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled some parts I had stored at my dad's house for the last 20 years. I've been out of the Camaro scene for many years and I would like to sell these parts but have no idea what they are worth... Can someone let me know.

1 conv. top and frame, white color top and plastic window were replaced 6 months before the car was wrecked.

2 white buckets, no rips or tears but they are stained pretty bad but maybe could be cleaned up
1 set of rear seats, white, no rips or tears with what looks like roofing tar spilled on them when my dads roof was done and they were in the attic...:mad:

1 steering column with the reverse lockout from the 4 spd.
1 front bumper
1 top of front clip(in front of hood)
1 flat hood off my transplanted camaro(non SS car)
2 rear light assemblies
all the white interior parts for the rear seats (need work) and the boot.

I still have the front subframe behind my dads house, a part of a front clip,
4 of the weights from the convertible, some crossmembers, water pump, PS pump all off the SS originally.
Bought this car when I was 15 for $2200. Wish I hadn't swerved for the deer when I was 18...:sad:

Let me know what you think!

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Welcome to the site!!,
If it were me I'd go to ebay and check "completed items" for your list of parts. That will give you some idea of what things are selling for. There is a classified section here if you want to us it.
The convertible weights are worth some $$.
Doug

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro!

You'll probably get more accurate ideas if we know what year the car was. A few of the things you have lsited are one year only deals, and prices vary accordingly. It also depends on whether a part is reproduced, and the quality of the repro part.

Top and frame - value will depend on if it is a power or manual top. Power top frames bring more. I think the power tops go for around $500-800, depending on condition. the top material will probably be a throw in. Unless it was an extremely high quality top, it will have shrunk some and the plastic window may have aged just sitting.

Seats - Value seems to vary by model year. 67 and 68 headrest seats sell for big money because they were rare then, more so now. Pairs of buckets in good shape but needing a recover can sell for $300 or more, depending on condition.

Rear seat, side filler panels, armrests - frames and panels are the same all three years, but 67s have bigger ashtrays in the armrests. Again, pricing vaires by condition, but I have seen rear seats go for $300 plus, and the side filler and armrests $150 or so for the set of four in good shape. I gave $40 for a pair of fillers that needed recovered.

Steering column is not to hard to come by, but the 4-speed lockout is. I've seen non-rebuilt 69 floorshift columns for $100 to $200. Don't know on a price for the lockout.

Front bumper - Good straight bumpers in need of rechrome seem to sell between $75 and $150. The repros fit good enough for 75% or so of the folks restoring these cars, so unless the chrome is almost NOS, the used originals don't seem to fetch big bucks.

Header panel - That's the "top of front clip, in front of hood". 67 and 68 are one panel, 69 is another. If it is solid and straight, it should bring good money because the repros leave a little to be desired.

Flat hood- tough to give away.

Rear lights - depends on year and condition.

Cocktail shakers (vert weights) - depends on year, because they are different. Nice sets seem to go between $300 and 600.

I call dibs on the rear top frame channel seals if you still have them ;) . They are shown in this thread... http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53416&highlight=seal

Okay, I am done groveling...

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Hey Eric, his post is 69 SS parts. I would guess there 69 parts for sale. Maybe not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These parts all came off my 69 camaro SS 350/300Hp, 4 spd. Hugger orange, white top, white interior, 12bolt, 3:73's, front disc, you know the rest....
This was an original car. After the accident I was totally depressed but could not afford at the time to fix the firewall/heater core area. So, the subframe was pulled off and the body was buried up behind my dads house. The subframe was okay but one of the spindles were bent. I think it's pretty much sitting in the field behind his garage...? Looking back 21 years now I wish I had not done that. Never thought these cars would be worth much money.
Anyway, at the time I found another convertible, 327/210HP powerglide. I sold off the 4 spd and the rear end out of the SS at the time for like $100. The motor and a TH350(built) went into the 327 car. That car had a mint black top and interior. I rebuilt the motor and redid the body on that car in 1989. I kept it until 2000 and sold it for $9000. Turned around and bought a motorcycle at the time, can you say DUMB ***! Anyhow, couldn't afford to do yet another rebuild on that car in 2000 so I let go of it. It was not an original but a nice car!
So, during the last 20 or so years most of the parts I took off my original SS were being stored at my Dad's house in CT. I live in TN and went up to his house in January and brought back some of the parts.
All of the parts are original off this car. I know the weights are still in my dads garage. I didn't think they were of any value. There probably is various other small parts that are somewhere in the depths of his messy garage but I didn't have the time to go thru everything.
As far as those channels that a poster referred to, they probably got buried with the car...:(

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Hey Eric, his post is 69 SS parts. I would guess there 69 parts for sale. Maybe not.

Thanks Dennis! I sometimes miss stuff like that when it is just in the title of the post, which kinda gets lost up there under the banners now. If I knew the emoticon for the clonking, I'd use it now.

See how you are? :)

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Thanks Dennis! I sometimes miss stuff like that when it is just in the title of the post, which kinda gets lost up there under the banners now. If I knew the emoticon for the clonking, I'd use it now.

See how you are? :)
LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.