Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 camaro 327. I am running a set of 461 x heads. These have no areas drilled for a temperature sensor on the heads. I am trying to install the sensor into my manifold. (edelbrock performer rpm). The problem is it will hit the rad. hose. The car is 99% stock. I was wondering if anyone knows of a sending unit that is low profile that will fit into this location on the manifold. I have standard console gauges. I do not want to change the water neck to a swivel or elevated....Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i had the same problem also with that intake. i used an earlier style base like from a 58 chevy and the rad hose i used a 68 firebird upper hose.worked fine and had clearance for water temp guage underneath it.the earlier style goes more up than at right angle.

·
Registered
708 Posts
There's a water passage on the front passenger side of the manifold that looks like just a little indent in the manifold. I drilled and tapped that on my Performer RPM for by temp switch and it works great. Took me all of 10 mintues while the manifold was still on the car. I can get a pic if need be.

Thanks, Erik

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.