Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, just got my new purchase 1969 z/28 home yesterday and took it for a drive. the original style bias ply's have to go!!!!! Any thoughts on what kind of radial i can get that looks stock but ride better?? I kind of like the small red line tires but who makes them in a radial and what sizes would you suggest to get a stock look??

Todd Miller

PS-this cars screams!!! I love that dz302

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Coker makes a BF Goodrich Silverline redline radial. www.coker.com. Be prepared for some sticker shock though they're $144 apiece. The original E70 15's equal about 215 70 r15 in radials. MAx width on stock rims are about 235 70 R15's

The only modern white letter radial that seems to look decent are the Goodrich Radial T/A's.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Todd, Check out Diamond Back Classics for redline radials in 60, 70 series. The ad is on the back inside cover of August issue of Hemmings. The are not cheap, about 145 bucks for a 205 or 215/15 radial, plus shipping.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i like my Firestone Firehawks. they look kind of "old school" and are good in rain and what not- which is more than i can say for the BFG radial TA's i bought a few years ago that were worse than the bald tires they replaced in rain and snow on the 77 Impala i had at the time. the Firestones don't grab too bad when i get on it, either, and they handle corners pretty well. get some 235/60/15's all around and it will look mean. and the best part is that they are relatively cheap- like $90 a piece if you get a bad deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts