Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals on my 69 camaro have quit working on both sides front and back. However if I turn on the Hazard Flashers all 4 seem to work. Does anybody know what this could be?

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Step on the brakes and see if they light up in the rear. Turn on the T/S and see if the front's light at all. If the rears light with the brakes the bulbs, wiring form the T/S switch and rear ground are good. There is a chance that the grounds for the front T/S are bad or the bubls. I assume you 've checked the flasher and the fuses.

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked Fuses and all are good. Brake Lights come on when pressing brakes and all lights come on when I turn on the lights. The signals only do not work when I turn them on. Niether the front or back will flash when turned on but if I turn on hazards all signals flash

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Don't the hazards use the same flasher?
Nope. Turn Signal flasher is under the dash by the radio, Hazards flasher is on the fuse panel.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Does the turn signal flasher look just like the hazard flasher?
From the factory yes but over the years one may have been replaced with a Heavy Duty or square unit while the other remained factory light duty round.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Turn signal flasher. You can swap the hazard one with the turn one to see if the problem follows, they should work the same. Originals were thermals (tin cans).

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
check the fuse holder for corrosion. I had that same problem on a car several years ago. Power went through the fuse , but not into the circuit. cleaning the clips that hold the fuse solved the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts