Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
niether have power steering and tires are same size but the steering in the camaro was so much easier. when i am going slow i cnat even hardly turn the nova and the camaro was a little easier. and when i got moving, the camaro really felt like it stuck to the road and when i'd turn and stuff i felt like i was moving it. the nova feels like im driving a tank around. what caused the difference? i am thinking of switching over to power steering now

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The extra weight has a little to do with it but it sounds to me like some kind of front end/alignment trouble on the nova. My 78 is manual steering and it steers very easily and handles quite well considering the lack of sway bars or performance shocks and tires.
Now, my first vehicle was a '69 chevy truck with manual steering. Passengers couldn't sit too close because in tight corners or trying to park they would get hit by my flying elbows
It was tough at low speeds trying to make tight maneuvers (sp?). Even worse than that was the old '66 2 1/2 ton hay truck we used to have. It was manual steering too...at a dead stop I couldn't turn the steering wheel at all...if it wasn't moving, the steering wheel wasnt turning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts