Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE 69 CAMARO Z/28 OR ?. THE CAR WAS BUILT IN NOV. 1968 IN NORWOOD OHIO. THERE IS NO X NUMBER ON THE TAG. I BOUGHT THIS CAR IN 1975.THE CAR HAS ALL Z/28 FEATURES.IBOUGHT THE DEFINITE Z/28 - SS BOOK TO VERIFY.ALL PART #S MATCH. THE CAR IS RUST FREE.BEEN PARKED SINCE 1980 INDOORS.I DO NOT NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL ENGINE. THE ORIGINAL OWNER IS A FAMILY FRIEND WHO SWEARS IT IS A Z/28. BUT HOW DO TOU REALLY KNOW.

·
Registered
157 Posts
There are ways to show it IS a Z. According to Camaros.org- in Camaro production-only Z28's could get the M21 trans.-does it have an vin matching M21. Look behind the rear seat-on the bulkhead support-you may find an abbreviated X code-ie. X 3 for X33. See my site for reference. I had to do a little cleaning of the sprayed on adhesive to clearly see the x code that was done in yellow crayon.Tom.
http://www.geocities.com/backfire56/

[This message has been edited by 69DZ XRAM (edited 09-08-2002).]

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
You can not tell without docs. If you find the crayon codes on the bulkhead, it would be nice. There are things to look for but there is nothing to say for sure if the engine and paperwork are missing. Lots of things to check to lead you to believe that it "could be" or "could not" be but nothing there to "prove" it.

Tom, you could exchange the M20 for an M21 or vice versa optionaly at no cost on any of the higher performance engine cars that would have come with a Muncie. The M22 was an extra cost option.

-Mark.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry my mistake, the 396 350hp and 396 375hp also could get the M21. The only small block to get it is a Z. Is your car a small block car? Tom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.