Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Just checking in to get an idea of what special may (or may not) be in the works to celebrate the 69 Camaro's 50th Birthday this year?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Why would they? The car was already 3 years old in 1969, so what would make it so special. 1967 is the special year because it was the first year it was made, '69 is a who cares year.

Would be like celebrating a 1956 Corvette because it is 3 years old.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I'll be giving my 68 an extra shot of Ensure with the next fill-up to give it a little extra Uumph out of the gate :)

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Why would they? The car was already 3 years old in 1969, so what would make it so special. 1967 is the special year because it was the first year it was made, '69 is a who cares year.

I think you are way off. I like all 3 years of the first gens. It is not because I iwn one, but it seems to me that 69 was a year for change. I personally feel the crisp lines, and the grille make for a better look. I do like the gauges of the 67/68 better than the 69. If the 69 is a who cares year, what is a 68? GM roughly designed the current model off of a 69 because it is iconic. Not my words, theirs. Not every person loves a 69, but the prices verse the 67/68 tell it all.

·
Registered
336 Posts

I sort of agree with you but the 69 is iconic. Even the new Camaros take styling queues from the 69 model year. I'm sure there will be many 69 owners celebrating the 50 year anniversary.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think you are way off. I like all 3 years of the first gens. It is not because I iwn one, but it seems to me that 69 was a year for change. I personally feel the crisp lines, and the grille make for a better look. I do like the gauges of the 67/68 better than the 69. If the 69 is a who cares year, what is a 68? GM roughly designed the current model off of a 69 because it is iconic. Not my words, theirs. Not every person loves a 69, but the prices verse the 67/68 tell it all.

I personally think the 69 is the worst looking of the 1st generation. Cannot stand the pointed 1970-ish grill nor the stupid chrome fake louvers. For me, the 67 is the best looking of the 3 years because: the nice flat front grill on the RS looks better than the 69's pointy one (and those slotted RS doors), having the nice big cursive Chevrolet on the front & back , no side marker lights, and the fender flags and engine numbers, which too me is a 60's Chevy muscle car trait.

For me, the '68 is a "lost 7 mixed-up car" because it has some features I like (grill) but others I don't like: the large cursive Camaro and fender lights and no fender flags.

And like I said before 1969 is a 3rd model year car, why make a tribute car when there wasn't one for a 56 vette or a 61 impala? It is model year # 3.....

You and anyone else can disagree with me, but I will back up my reason's why I feel like I do. I'm not saying it just because....

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I think we should just celebrate that we own any one of the 1st Gens and if you are lucky you own more than one. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts

I personally think the 69 is the worst looking of the 1st generation. Cannot stand the pointed 1970-ish grill nor the stupid chrome fake louvers. For me, the 67 is the best looking of the 3 years because: the nice flat front grill on the RS looks better than the 69's pointy one (and those slotted RS doors), having the nice big cursive Chevrolet on the front & back , no side marker lights, and the fender flags and engine numbers, which too me is a 60's Chevy muscle car trait.

For me, the '68 is a "lost 7 mixed-up car" because it has some features I like (grill) but others I don't like: the large cursive Camaro and fender lights and no fender flags.

And like I said before 1969 is a 3rd model year car, why make a tribute car when there wasn't one for a 56 vette or a 61 impala? It is model year # 3.....

You and anyone else can disagree with me, but I will back up my reason's why I feel like I do. I'm not saying it just because....
I bet you don't like soft toilet paper either. It was not the first idea for cleaning up, but I prefer it over a corn cob. I'm sure others will agree. I don't hate 67/68, I just like the lines of the 69 better. I have owned 29 Camaro's, not all of them were 69's, but I still bought them because I liked them. I even own a 70 Cuda, not the first year, but the year I like. Like what you like, dis like what you don't like, but like religious beliefs and politics, sometimes "WE", need to understand that just because we feel that strongly about our point of view, others may feel differently, and "OUR" strong commitments may push others that may have been on the fence away. Enjoy 67's , I will enjoy all of the Camaro's, "even 4th gens".

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, so back on track............. it would be nice if you all could post any special events that may come up in celebrating the 50th year of the 1969 Camaro.......

And if we don't come up with some ideas, then I am going to hold out for 2020 when some of us will celebrate the 50th year of my second loves birthday; 1970 Dodge Challengers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts