Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a list of parts to install a clock in my 69's instrument cluster. Does anyone know if the lamp lens comes with the typical clock assembly?

Product Rectangle Font Auto part Electric blue

It looks like the rectangular piece circled.

Watch Analog watch Automotive lighting Clock Measuring instrument

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm not worried about the green filter as I'm using green LED lighting in my dash. I'm more concerned about the light mask not being there. I don't want it too bright as I am using seal LED bulbs.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Product Body jewelry Amber

With multi LED lamps I can disable individual LEDs to adjust the brightness if required.

Automotive lighting Amber Automotive tire Cylinder Gas

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a PWM LED dimmer for the dash lights but I can individually dim each lamp as necessary with this method. For instance, the turn signal and high beam dash indicators were too bright at night. Eliminating the center LED dimmed it just right. I left the oil, temp and gen light full brightness.. The brighter the better!

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FYI:

Called the vendor and they said yes, it's included.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cut the power and ground inputs to the dash lighting and connected them to the input of the dimmer. Then I connected the other cut ends, (going to the lights), to the outputs. This module controls the ground side of the lights. If you have self-grounding sockets, (67 and 68), this won't work. You need to convert to isolated sockets so you can tie all the grounds together and connect it to the dimmer ground output.

I drilled a 1/4" hole in the lower dash frame to clear the headlight and wiper switches. The knob points down. It sticks out maybe 1/2".

Product Camera lens Camera accessory Camera Cameras & optics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts