Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I got under the drivers side dash and noticed the clock was unplugged in back. I attempted to plug the wires attachment into it and heard a loud knocking/clock internal sound so I backed off. It's unplugged. Is that normal? Does that noise stop on its own?
2. The lense is in bad shape. I have a replacement. Can that be replaced without taking dash pad off?
3. My clock doesn't have a knob. I ordered ac Delco #14053344. It came in 3 pieces. Two look similar. How does this work?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
1. I got under the drivers side dash and noticed the clock was unplugged in back. I attempted to plug the wires attachment into it and heard a loud knocking/clock internal sound so I backed off. It's unplugged. Is that normal? Does that noise stop on its own?
2. The lense is in bad shape. I have a replacement. Can that be replaced without taking dash pad off?
3. My clock doesn't have a knob. I ordered ac Delco #14053344. It came in 3 pieces. Two look similar. How does this work?
The original 69 clocks have a solenoid with contact points that wind the clock mechanism, that may be the noise you heard when you plugged it it. There will be a clunk, followed by a faint motor sound for 1 to 2 seconds and at that point the second hand should begin ticking if the mechanism is still operable.

I believe the lens is glued into the plastic trim, can't remember if you have to remove the entire clock (a pain in the back side) or if the two screws that go up through the trim are all you need to remove.

The knob should consist of a knob and small screw, perhaps there were two different sized knobs and they sent you both. Did it come with a screw to hold it to the shaft?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts