Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69 Camaro came factory with deluxe interior. The panels are deluxe but the previous owner for whatever reason put standard buckets and rear bench in it. My question is, can you use the same seat frames and change the seat buns and covers to convert the standard upholstery to the deluxe comfortweave? If not where in the world would someone find the seat frames to convert them over. I've looked around in the restoration books and they don't offer them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I'll bet the previous owner found a donor with good interior (albiet, standard) The seat frame, and seat bottom springs are the same. Only difference is the buns.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a '69 coupe (recent purchase), and it originally came from the factory w/black and white houndstooth int. I am going to go through "year one" for the
seat covers. They fit right over a standard seat frame and look like NOS. My brother built a Dodge Demon and got the interior stuff from year one. It looks pretty good!
Good luck..

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
You've got to have the correct seat bottom and seat back foam, or the covers will not fit properly. Deluxe (houndstooth or comfortweave) use one style. Standard uses another.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Seat frame are the same (deluxe or standard). You will need new seat foam. I agree that the interior was swapped out with a standard set. Becareful. If you do not plan on installing rear arm rest, you will have a very hard time finding aftermarket deluxe rear seat covers. They are all cut for the shorter rear seat (with the arm rests). You have the larger (standard) rear seat now I am guessing unless it is a fold down? Let me know if you are able to find a deluxe rear seat aftermarket cover that is for the larger rear seat. I have looked with not luck so far

1 - 5 of 5 Posts