Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a wiring diagram from one of the resto companies but it fails to show the console gauge wiring diagram. The gauges were took out of the car and the wires were cut and taped together. All the diagram shows is for a camaro without gauges. Could anyone send me a diagram or give me a general rundown of what color wire goes to each gauge?

·
Registered
366 Posts
What you need is the "1967-69 Console Gauge & Headlight Wiring Diagram Manual". That shows it all.

I will assume you are talking about a 68 or 69 car. A quick review of the wiring is:

white and orange go to rear console light
yellow goes to low fuel warning module
tan goes to fuel gauge
dk. green goes to temp gauge
pink goes to temp gauge and fuel gauge
gray goes to gauge cluster lights
black goes to bat gauge
black w/ white tracer goes to bat gauge

Hope this helps

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kurt for the info. That helped out a bunch. I'm installing the Autometer gauge pod and wanted to use most of the factory wiring or as much as I could. I'm a little disappointed in the price verses the quality of the pod. Almost $40 for a simple piece of molded plastic with four threaded inserts
. If I was selling them I'd be almost ashamed to ask $20 for no more than what it is. It seemed to be more than what it is from the picture as is everything you get nowadays. I guess it's like the little rubber grommet for the accelerator linkage that I paid $5.00 for they know they're the only place you can get em from so they tend to slide one in on you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts