Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a wiring diagram for the console gauges. The plugs to the gauges and their lights are pretty self explanitory, but are there any ground wires from the gauges that need to go to the frame? Also, where do the lights for the shift plate plug into?

·
Registered
448 Posts
The ground is screwed to the top of the tunnel inside the console. Are you adding guages or re-diong whats already there? When I added guages to my 69, even though the guages were already wired from the factory and I had the harness to go between the under dash harness and the console, I still had to get a console harness with provisions for guages. But it was a plug and play deal other than having to open up the firewall connector to add and delete some wires

------------------
Black 69 camaro

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I converted the car to have gauges. I used the conversion harness and console gauge harness. It's all hooked up and good to go, the gauges seem to work as well as the lights. I was just wondering if there were any gound wires not included in the harness that I had to hook up.

·
Registered
448 Posts
If I remember right ground is provided thru a wire that comes off the console harness and is held with 1 screw to the top of the tunnel right in the shifter area.

------------------
Black 69 camaro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts