Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know if the new harness is a direct wire up, or has any experience with any of the aftermarket gauge makers?

Also, my fuel gauge is in my dash, can I swap that to a tach?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Does anyone here know if the new harness is a direct wire up, or has any experience with any of the aftermarket gauge makers?

Also, my fuel gauge is in my dash, can I swap that to a tach?
You will need to buy at least 4 items (maybe up to 6 items) to make the conversion

1. console gauges...replaces the decorative plate installed in front of your shifter and contains, fuel gauge, oil pressure guage, temperature gauge and ammeter guage. Cost about $300 to $350 for OER reproduction. I think factory looking guages look better than the aftermarket ones.

2. console gauges harness...needed to hook up to new gauge package and mate with conversion harness. Suggest you purchase from . Cost about $70

I strongly recommend that you get your harness from American Autowire..very nice product, factory looking and it works..

http://www.americanautowire.com/

3. console gauges conversion harness...need to interface with existing console harness and mates with console guage harness. Cost about $100

4. Tachometer...to replace existing fuel guage on the dash however you need to cut the backside of the dash to accept the tach. A template for this cutout can be found here

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71676&highlight=tach+template

Cost for tach about $200, you do not need a tach harness since the console gauges conversion harness has these wires already included.

5. Oil pressure line with engine block fitting...you may need this unless you already have this line but the fittings may not match your new guage package.

6. Temperature sending unit...you may need to this unelss you alreay on this on your engine. I would recommend Lectric Limited Inc. phone 708-563-0400. Cost $25

Where are you in Toronto?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
No problem...Last time I was in Barrie my car was towed away...cost me $100 bucks to get it back..OUCH...watch where you park. since the signs posted are not very well displayed...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts