Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two Questions:
1)Is it rare that my 69 RS/SS Convertable has AC? Everyone who looks at it says it's a rare combo.
2) On my speedometer face there is a little white needle(like a timer on a stove)stuck at 100. I dont see any way of adjusting it. What is this and what does it do ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The A/C in a convertable is somewhat rare, but not uncommon. Probably more common on cars from the southern states, than northern cars. The extra needle in the speedo is the factory speed warning indicator. It is set by a little knob under the dash, and buzzes when the speedo reaches the set speed, and is considered a pretty rare option.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have a 68 RS convertible with AC - originally sold from Newt Godale Cheverolet in San Antonio Texas. It also has column shift poweglide and power top - not exactly SS material...

------------------
My RS Conv. 1
My RS Conv. 2

·
Registered
176 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the 69 Pace car conv could be had with A/C.

------------------
Leo Paugh
MCC #017
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm
the bitterness of poor quality remains, long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten

·
Registered
725 Posts
You could get AC on any convertible except a 375hp 396 car. But who needs AC when the top goes down? Sounds like you got a nice car mikey. To find out what that little thing on the speedometer is go 100mph and you'll find out
. The little plastic knob like the one on the factory clock probably broke off when a previous owner got annoyed by the buzz sound.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM,fold down seat, tilt wheel, SS wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust

·
Registered
725 Posts
106 Yeouch! I was kidding, the more options the better.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM,fold down seat, tilt wheel, SS wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust

1 - 8 of 8 Posts