Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am going to use this as my rebuild thread. I am currently working on a 57 2dr post so this project will be on the back burner since I'm about a third of the way through the 57.

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124903

P1018280.jpg

but enough about that. Here is my 69 that I just picked up

PB220108.jpg
PB220113.jpg

It is an original V8 that's about all I know

IMG_0434.jpg

it appears that all the "outside" sheet metal is original and the rust has been fixed or the panels were replaced. It was repainted and then stored for the last five or so years. It is a manual top with no interior or drivetrain. 10 bolt rear end. That is the good. See the next post for the BAD!!!!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK now the BAD! I'm not sure if being negative and talking ill about past work is taboo but PLEASE if you let anyone do the following work to your Camaro STOP THEM!!!!! First will be a new floor and braces to fix this:

PB220140.jpg

PB220093.jpg

This is taken from the rear passenger wheel facing forward, and yes that is a bed rails or multiple angel iron used for support and some sort of square tube for a make shift subframe connector, or should I say brace connectors. I'm not sure why the rocker is cut up.

Same are looking back

PB220100.jpg

PB220091.jpg

more of the brace connectors

PB220099.jpg

PB220090.jpg

Inside the back seat

PB220081.jpg

The other side

PB220095.jpg

PB220103.jpg

PB220145.jpg

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And the carnage continues to the trunk, Do you notice that the frame rail are cut off and do not connect to anything, and the Frankenstein bracket covering the bumper holes

PB220083.jpg

PB220086.jpg

PB220087.jpg

PB220138.jpg

PB220139.jpg

I did not get a photo of the wheel wells or the hack job that covered the shock towers.

I'm not sure what my option is if fix the inner tail pan? I would hate to have to cut out the rear pain pan to fix it.

I will for sure need a complete new trunk also

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And to the front:
I am not sure who was trying to put a 2nd gen sub-frame in but they did not get it to fit

PB220104.jpg

PB220105.jpg

PB220107.jpg

PB220106.jpg

overall I'm happy and since I can do the work myself I think I'm ahead of the game.

I already have another sub frame so that problem is solved.

Thanks for looking and I'll be updating in a couple of months, but will most likely have a bunch of questions along the way.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Some of the worst work I have ever seen. Have to wonder what is lurking under that paint.

Don

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the fenders and hood are new and the doors seem solid I'm really only worried about the quarters which seem ok so far

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw it before I got it I'm not worried to much about the paint since I will most likely repainted it. I was comfortable with the price and I've restored cars before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As stated before "WOW". The good news is the parts to fix it are available. Where there's a will there's a way. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts