Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am restoring a convertible and i am having trouble finding anything that is written about the convertible. where could i found pics and diagrams of one . body by fisher manuals maybe? can you get blue prints from GM and if so how?

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
The 1969 Fisher Body Service Manual has a 52-page section on convertible tops - don't think you'll find the information anywhere else. It's available from most of the resto parts houses.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
966 Posts
I personnaly would let a professional put the top on, unless you've done it before.

I travel to Snowy Buffalo often on business. Drop me a line and maybe we cane get together to compare Camaro notes. I have a 69 convertible also

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Yes, it does, but I wouldn't recommend doing it "at home" - requires unique skills, materials, and tools that are generally only found in automotive trim shops that specialize in convertible tops. This job is not for the faint of heart, and is very easy to screw up.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
37 Posts
camaro restoration book available through any of the resto parts houses including our sponsor on this web site also has that info .But I also would not recomended doing this job your self .I have been restoring and customizing cars for 30 years and there's not much I won't do , thats one of them . had mine done in the summer and paid a little extra to get it done by the best and it was worth it good luck

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yea, It never looks hard on TV, Those guys can do more in 1/2 hr than most can do in a week

------------------
69 rallye green X77 Z/28,1967 SS 396 Conv. 1974 c-10 454 swb

·
Registered
396 Posts
I did mine. It's not that big of a deal and looks good too. Saved $600. Just follow the instruction and it can be done at home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts