Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Sorry,I don't have a pic handy. But I can tell you the little punched out hook on the back of the clip goes in the rectangle slot in the dash pad.The clip points to the front of the car. Usually very loose fit and have to tape them to the bottom of the dash pad, to keep them from falling off during install. Good Luck !

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I'm doing mine tonight, but a pic isn't going to happen with dial up.

Like Mike said, when you look at the underside of the dash pad, there are two parallel slots in the metal at each clip location. You position the clip so that the tang is ready to go in the front slot, and the wide turndown at the back of the clip is ready to go in the back slot.

Then you push down on the back of the clip and pull up on the front of the clip (so that it flexes a little), and pull it forward until the tang hooks in the front slot and the turndown drops into the back slot.

If you bend the tang a little, it will hook in nice and tight, with no need for tape or anything else. That'll keep the front edge of the pad down tight to the dash.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, i've only had 2 wine and you lost me. First let me explain that the clips I have don't look like the ones in the cat. from Rick's or Classic... so I suspect they are original. I'll try to follow your descriptions in the morning, along with the ***. manual.

pics tell a thousand words! - thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys - the clips I have don't look like the ones in the photo. I'm starting to wonder if the clips I refer to are not the 6 for the pad. I wish I knew how to post a photo. I can send to email?

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
If you are using repo clips you may have to epoxy them to the dash to keep them from falling out when try to install the dash. Until I used epoxy I could only get 2 out of the six to stay on.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Like Fred says they tend to fall out when you tip the pad over. Glue them in.
When you go to install the pad you need to get all of them started at the same time by lifting the front of the pad and getting them in the holes on the dash. Then once started, lower the front and push the pad straight back.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys thanks for all your help with this. One of the few bags of parts I didn't ID was these 6 clips - taken apart 2 yrs. ago. Thanks for telling me they are for the windshield molding!!!! The pics of the proper clips are great. I'm on the right track thanks to you guys - awesome!

:beers: :beers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts