Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a '69 in excellent shape. The only thing is the dashpad. It needs replacing, and I would like any info on the task. (ie- trouble spots)
Also, my vent back windows don't seem to go down. It seems like it jams when the crank is turned??

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Remove the black door jam vent. This will give you access to spray lubricant on the window regulator and work it back and forth until it frees up. That worked on mine. They would only go down about half way when I first got the car. Then again you may have a mechanical problem with the regulator. As far as the dash pad, there are screws (that are obvious) and there are studs molded into the pad that go through the metal dash with nuts on them and there are dash pad clips that snap into the pad and then into the metal dash. If you remove the cardboard glove box you will have better access to the studs on that side as well as giving you a better visual on how the clips work. Sorry I can't be more descriptive, I've only had mine off one time.

Robert

------------------
69' getting better every day... (every pay day)

[This message has been edited by rojo (edited 01-02-2001).]

·
11,298 Posts
Johnny, Ground up, the sponsor, has a new 69 dashpad for $259
I wonder if anyone has got one yet and if the claims about the best repro on the market were true.

Another problem with the qtr windows is the rollers get a lot of play in them, which may bind on the track. Gotta tighten them up or get a replacement.

Good Luck, Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 ragtop, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69' Hugger Orange Z-21 ragtop 327/PG, Driver

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just ordered it. I am sick of trying to fix my original pad. I will let you know what it's like. The person from Ground Up reported that the differences are like night and day. Better tooling used, more material, and more rigid were some of the words used in the description of it. We'll see.

[This message has been edited by Silver69 (edited 01-09-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts