Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all on my '69 Camaro since buying it the dome light has never worked. Has a new headliner and sail panels. So I pulled up the top of sail panel on drivers side and I could feel the dome light wire. Pulled on the wire and the female end came out - so it was never plugged back in. So How do I go about plugging the dome light back into the harness? Do I need to pull the back seat out or door panel on driver back side? Any info would be great as I would love to get it working again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I believe one end of harness has a plug in the trunk on the drivers side and the other end goes directly to the dome light. You will have to try and fish the wire back up to the dome light. If you remove the plastic cover off the dome ligh then there are screws holding the rest to the roof. If you can not fish the wire you will have to pull part of the head liner down.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan, thanks found the plug in the trunk area. Now i see why it was not plugged back in. I have power to the dome light but not enough. And it is always on door open or closed.
Think I will re-post.
Thanks
-Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts