Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looked at a 69 tonite ,noticed it has chrome molding a long the top of the door,simlar to a 68 ,this was a 69 w/ 69 doors definty.I have never seen molding like this ,is this factory or did someone customize some 68 molding to the 69 doors????

also car has rear 1/4 cut off already ,with no replacment.would this ruin the car's "square or can I bring it home and rebuild it still ????
the car is in the woods! will have to be drug to a loading spot,no motor ,tran or steering column!

thanks!

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've never seen a 69 with the chrome molding on the doors. I believe only the 68 had that, but thats not to say that GM had some parts left over and put them on or someone thought that it would look good on a 69. Stranger things have happened.
As for the 1/4 missing, I don't really know about that- sorry!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It kinda depends on why the 1/4 panel was cut off. If there is any way possible, measure the car before you buy it, even if you have to pay someone to drag it out for you. Inspect it underneath, looking for kinks in the rear frame and floor sheetmetal. You might as well inspect it real good for rust while you're at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts